“Disclaimer: I received an Eagle Creek Hauler Duffel (60L) to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!”
Is your gym bag old or too small? Is it difficult to locate your drop bag or find resupply items quickly? If you answered yes to either question then look no further! Eagle Creek has combined the perfect duffel and backpack into one.
I jumped on the opportunity when BibRave requested testers. The timing of this cargo duffel’s arrival could not have been better. I was heading out on a weekend trip where I planned on running a couple different times. Normally, I pack a suitcase with non-running clothes/shoes, and then another bag just for running gear. I was pleasantly surprised as I unboxed the duffel- I was going to be able to consolidate ALL of my weekend gear into one bag! My running gear fit nicely on the outside pockets and everything else fit easily in the main compartment. The duffel can easily be carried by hand (shoulder strap or side handle) or on your shoulders like a backpack.
As an ultra-runner, it is imperative to have a sturdy drop bag, better yet, one you can easily identify during a race. This bag will not disappoint.
Unlike any duffel have ever owned this one folds neatly into a nice square, and packs away nicely in a drawer or shelf. Another idea would be take pack this duffel into your travel suitcase, so you could bring back souvenirs.
DETAILS & FEATURES
- ULTRA-LIGHT! The 60L weighs only 1 lb 12 oz!!
- Made with an extra-durable, water-repellent coated Bi-Tech™ Armor Lite fabric: a fusion of technology that merges max abrasion-resistance with ultra-light carry
- Bartack reinforcement on all high stress points for maximum schlepping
- Three carry options: Removable contoured backpack straps, padded top haul handles, and side grab handle
- U-shaped lid for easy access to main compartment
- Sizeable easy-access zippered end pockets for gear organization
- Six heavy-duty lash points for attaching this bag to a roof rack
- #10 lockable zippers with storm flap shield zipper from rain (NOT waterproof)
- Bottom is foam padded to help protect contents against impact
- Packs into end zippered compartment for compact storage
- 12″ shoulder drop / 15″ high / 30″ wide
- Fern Grey
I truly could not be happier with this Eagle Creek Duffel. I can toss my gear in and not worry about how the bag will hold up from day-to-day wear or a weekend outing. I personally love the fact that I can identify my bag from others when I come to the aid station – every second counts!
Video – link