I will update this post several times before the big day.
Race Code to save $10 – 2017R66BR
2. Deadline for personalized bibs is Sept 1
3. Deadline for corral seedings is Sept. 1
4. Deadline for Custom Marathon Maniac, Half Fanatics, and 50 States Marathon club medals, ribbons, and bibs. is Sept. 1
5. Deadline for registration changes is Sept. 1
- VIP is new this year, offering express bib pickup and Heated Pre-Race VIP Area Access. The Mother Road VIP package also includes an indoor post-race party. It would be awesome to get behind and share details of the VIP experience: http://route66marathon.com/participate/vip-packages/
- The race has a hotel block, booking via the following link. It’s important to book through this site since the race has organized a ton of extras – such as a 3 pm checkout, pre-race breakfast, automatic entry to win a Mother Road VIP experience and finally, some hotels offer a race day shuttle: http://experient3.com/lodging/route66/
- The Route 66 Marathon has won a whole bunch of awards – including the Oklahoma Sports and Fitness Magazine’s Best Marathon, Half Marathon and Post-Race Party! You can find more awards here:http://route66marathon.com/sponsors-2/sponsorship-information/
- The race swag has been released for the marathon, marathon relay, and 5K. You can find images here: http://route66marathon.com/2017/05/announcing-our-2017-race-swag/
The race has hotel accommodation available! You can book lodging at the following link: http://experient3.com/lodging/route66
Here are some highlights for booking with the hotel link:
- Access to guaranteed lowest rate for Route 66 Marathon participants.
- Automatic entry to win a FREE MOTHER ROAD VIP package.
- GUARANTEED automatic 3:00 p.m. checkout on Sunday, November 19th.
- Quick and healthy breakfast available starting at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday, November 19th.
- Runner/Walker friendly food and beverage items available in the hotel gift shop.
- For the properties that are not downtown, additional shuttles will run from the Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills to the finish line from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. Participants and guests who register to stay at these hotels through the link on this page will be allowed to ride the finish line shuttles.
My training plan will be posted after I finish my first 100-mile ultramarathon, Yeti 100, in September.